Various small test BLOGS (Passes & Fails)

Hi Folks,
Well today was the day of my 2nd C+E test at Walton Test Centre Wetherby. The Morning started at 08:30, Tockwith Driver Training York. I was met by my instructor who was to take me for a quick refresher before my test at 10:15. As i’d not driven a C+E since my last test on the 8th Feb and was feeling a bit rusty :frowning: . My instructor cleared up a few questions that i asked about the test routes (can you turn on that juction if a car is on it etc). It was then straight outside for a quick couple of reverses that i cocked up in style :blush: . After a drive round a test route it was time to head for the test centre.
10:15 arrived and the nerves started :confused: the examiner checked my licence and outside to the waggon we went, after a few questions we climbed in and he threw me straight away, we will do the brake test first as a bus was doing the reverse. Round we went and all went well apart from almost clipping a bus mirror outside the test station. :blush: Back round to do the reverse and away i went, a bus then came up my side and turned in the test station, this caused me to stop and wait :imp: . Anyway after a bit of twisting and turning + shunt i got it in…few! Out onto the road and after about a mile the top of my gear knob came off, so spent half the test without it.
Most of the rest of the test went without incident and what made things a bit better was it being the test route that i failed before and the test route that i’d just had a practice on! :smiley:
Back to the test centre, quick un/couple and back into the cab and after doing the sums he said “I’M PLEASED TO SAY YOU HAVE PASSED” :smiley: I did a shakey signature and got my certificate. 8 minors mainly for mirrors and the reverse. :confused:
I’m chuffed to bits with myself and can’t get the smile of my face! :smiley: I’d like to say thanks to Tockwith training for providing me with first class training and also for keeping my hopes up when i was feeling down, also thanks to Rog for all his help and little tips on reversing and couple/uncouple.
To everybody who’s trying for a licence, good luck and stick at it, its worth it in the end!
Regards Smokinbarrels. :smiley: