Job benefits

tmcassett:
I used to work with one guy who did the exhibition/event type stuff you describe and he loved it. Drive to event then spend a few days setting up tents/gazebo’s, trailers, stalls etc and also getting involved with things like cooking and drinks.

I used to do all sorts. County Shows in the UK for the English Cricket Board, setting up an exhibition trailer and cricket nets so that former cricket professionals could introduce kids to a simplified version of cricket, motor shows in Kiev, Brno, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, an exhibition for the Ministry of Agriculture in Vilnius, Lithuania, a roadshow for Xerox promoting the first ever digital photocopier which took over three months and went to Geneva, Zurich, Vienna, Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kiev, Bucharest, Istanbul and Belgrade.

Driving was only a small fraction of it and generally once the show was up and running, I normally had just had an hour of work at the beginning and end of each day, generally cleaning, otherwise I just went sightseeing. If I wanted to do more on the stand then I could, and I enjoyed that sometimes.

Wouldn’t be for Carryfast of course. :wink: