Rishi Sunak fears his young daughters will be targeted

Rishi Sunak fears his young daughters will be targeted by vaping ads

"The Prime Minister, who has two daughters, Krishna, 12, and Anoushka, 10, said that the Government was looking at cracking down on the vaping industry amid fears children are getting hooked on colourful nicotine-filled products like Elf Bars

Government was looking at cracking down on the vaping industry amid fears children are getting hooked on colourful nicotine-filled products like Elf Bars."

So as usual all about their own agendas… think the nob needs to be cracking down on Greedflation, or standing charges by rip off energy companies…

But no! resources diverted to vaping industry adds ffks will this country ever get chance to vote in an elected prime minister… not having a person with zero understanding of normal working lives…

TRANSLATION- Now that so many people have stopped smoking and started vaping instead, our tax take from tobacco has fallen through the floor so we’ve thought of another way to tax working-class people instead.

Harry Monk:
TRANSLATION- Now that so many people have stopped smoking and started vaping instead, our tax take from tobacco has fallen through the floor so we’ve thought of another way to tax working-class people instead.

Need a time machine, cos although wages were lower, never struggled or had to watch money like do today, country is wrecked from tax and greed.

Question time last night, their sat their talking utter ■■■■■■■■ about the haulage industry again, and visa changes and how the training given to UK citizens had been a success, did laugh… utter bollockz, they created an issue that didn’t exist, then pretended to fix something that wasn’t even broken, just meant lots of people went out got a licence after paying for it, to realise no shortage, no experience, no work… and now I notice enough drivers to bring the salary right back down, and it was the IR35 change that sent the European drivers running, a tax grab change basically, but they used the usual scape goat we shall not name for fear of it taking over the thread…

returned myself about 2 years ago, and industry still seems same-old-same-old lol, but driving professionally in UK today is terrible, fine for this, fine for that, pay for CPC courses, digi cards etc, ulez for companies, set routes into cities, or fined, cameras watching every move and fined if slightest issue… where as in past, it was lucky dip if got caught you got caught, but many a time just told to be more careful, and loads of park up spots for city deliveries, and can’t remember, but sure I never paid for services over night, but didn’t use them as no sod nicking diesel if in a quite spot, that didn’t have litter or toilet paper everywhere… and poloticians were not paid the same

Members of Parliament (MPs):
1980 Salary: £11,000 to £13,000
Current Salary (2023): £81,932
Percentage Increase: Approximately 529% to 646%

SECTION REMOVED AS FRANGLAIS POINTS OUT BELOW, MADE A MISTAKE IN DATE COMPARISON BUT MINIMUM WAGE DIDT START UNTIL 1999… wonder why it was needed in 1999…

HGV Class 1 Driver Salary:
1980 Salary: Approximately £10,000 to £15,000 per year
Current Salary (2023): Approximately £30,000 to £45,000 per year (depending on experience and employer)
Percentage Increase: Approximately 100% to 250%

Says everything about why its all going wrong in UK…

TonkaBoy:

Initial NMW (1999): £3.60 per hour
Current NMW (2023):
Workers aged 23 and over: £9.50 per hour
Percentage Increase: Approximately 164%

What is wrong is comparing starting points nearly twenty years apart. Why?
MP salary (1999) was £47k which means a less than 100% increase to 2023.

Lots of arguments to be made without using grossly misleading figures.

Harry Monk:

Where is tax mentioned?
There is mention of cracking down on advertising and on illegal sales, but I missed anything else.

Franglais:

TonkaBoy:

Current NMW (2023):

Hahaha good point morning Franglais… hope you are well…

Okay… fair point, my mistake…

Shop Worker (Shelf-stacker) Salary:
1980 Salary: Approximately £4,000 to £6,000 per year
Current Salary (2023): Approximately £18,000 to £22,000 per year (depending on experience, location, and employer)
Percentage Increase: Approximately 200% to 450%

Then CEO

CEO Salary (Large Company):
1980 Salary: Approximately £50,000 to £100,000 per year
Current Salary (2023): Approximately £1 million to several million per year (can vary significantly based on company size, industry, and performance)
Percentage Increase: Approximately 900% to several thousand percent
Please note that these figures are approximate and can vary significantly.

But we get the idea… over to you franglais… as you need a morning mental work out I expect… lol

Franglais:

Harry Monk:

Where is tax mentioned?
There is mention of cracking down on advertising and on illegal sales, but I missed anything else.

… and how will they crack down on it do you think ?, and some look ahead to possible outcomes… bit like moving forward, thinking ahead, like people in UK did a while ago lol

The advertisers will get taxed
The criminals fined…

This is the step one part of current British politics patterns…

TonkaBoy:

Franglais:

TonkaBoy:

Current NMW (2023):

Hahaha good point morning Franglais… hope you are well…

Okay… fair point, my mistake…

Shop Worker (Shelf-stacker) Salary:
1980 Salary: Approximately £4,000 to £6,000 per year
Current Salary (2023): Approximately £18,000 to £22,000 per year (depending on experience, location, and employer)
Percentage Increase: Approximately 200% to 450%

Then CEO

CEO Salary (Large Company):
1980 Salary: Approximately £50,000 to £100,000 per year
Current Salary (2023): Approximately £1 million to several million per year (can vary significantly based on company size, industry, and performance)
Percentage Increase: Approximately 900% to several thousand percent
Please note that these figures are approximate and can vary significantly.

But we get the idea… over to you franglais… as you need a morning mental work out I expect… lol

And corned beef threenalf pence a pound!

TonkaBoy:
The advertisers will get taxed
The criminals fined…

This is the step one part of current British politics patterns…

Criminals get fined…OK.
Advertising companies get taxed…OK.

Franglais:

Harry Monk:

Where is tax mentioned?

Watch what they do, not what they say. :wink:

The initial point is getting lost, this isn’t about working-class or any other class, nor is is about taxation, nor is it about adults wanting to vape, and I also don’t think this is about Tory policies either.

This week’s media issues are about young people getting addicted to vaping products, which contain nicotine just like tobacco so of course they’re addictive, potentially more so than a regular cigarette: A high nicotine cigarette might contain 20mg, a high nicotine vape might be as much as 50mg per ml of fluid

Also illegal sales of same to under 18’s, so it’s about greedy shopkeepers flouting the law for profit.

And effects on kids behaviour in school and in society generally - one of my family members is a teacher in a deprived of Teesside (admittedly much of Teesside is deprived), he had to exclude one kid from school because of their behaviour due to vape addiction (aggressively robbing another kid), yet the parents of the excluded kid freely admitted supplying their 13 year old with vapes.

Topically this week we’ve heard about dangerous levels of toxic heavy metals in unregulated vape products.

Who wants all that for their kids? Not me that’s for sure.

gov.uk/government/publicati … te-summary
bbc.co.uk/news/health-65614078
theguardian.com/society/202 … -teenagers

Never liked the things since they were introduced. I agree they look to be potentially more addictive than cigarettes too, look at some people who use them the things are never out of their hand!
All the kids are walking around with them where I live. Think they’re here to stay for a while. If they become taxed or such like it’ll just create a bigger market for counterfeit ones like under the counter tobacco… and we all know whats in that rubbish.
I’ll stick to my rollies full of good halfzware shag lol.