Trucks, tracks, tall tales and true from all over the world

Love both of those vids and yes, have seen the 2nd one before but several years ago. Never saw that many women when I was in the bush though. :laughing:
Favourites? Yes, you know it, the dogs. :laughing: Never been frightened by a dog but beasts that can squash me always put me on the alert.

I think I was in NSW in '65 and don’t remember anything about a big drought. A couple of years later I was in Queensland, Sarina, Mackay and Townsville and our problems then were too much water in some places. Later, back in NS on the taxis I took a trip out west to Broken Hill and then swung south through Vic, plenty of mud and rain then and our windscreen wiper linkage fell apart, had to operate it by demolishing part of the dash and working it through the hole by hand. :laughing:

Wagon and drags and their various names, here in France the term is camio-remorque, I learnt that early on as Gauthier then had quite a few, including those with the extending telescopic drawbar. These were popular 20 years ago to get round the overall length laws. I think Paul (Gauthier) told me last year that they are outlawed now and he, for the first time in several years has 3 ‘traditionnels’, 3 axle A-frame trailers, after preferring the centre axle ‘caravans’ for some years after I left.

No sign that the EU is changing to the far more sensible, and favourable for the drivers, trailer length limits rather than overall measurements. No incentive to supply decent sized accommodation for the driver, although I heard on the radio yesterday that that limit is to be increased in UK, not sure by how much though or whether it will be copied here. Even longer trailers then, not bigger cabs. :frowning: