Prostate problems

Well had the Cystoscopy today at Bolton Urology dept & it wasn’t as bad as it sounds or as I saw it in my mind, They inject a numbing gel down your wazoo & it’s just a wired uncomfortable experience certainly not painful that lasted 10 minutes.
I watched it on the screen as the camera went down & into the bladder, The lining of the bladder looks like tripe :open_mouth: Same appearance as a lb of tripe we used to eat back in the day. I watched it go past my swollen prostate that was narrowing my urethra tube but the consultant said there was nothing untowards & my initial external beam radiation appointment at Christies Salford can now go ahead on Thursday 15th December :slight_smile:
Yeah pity they couldn’t have done the three monthly hormone injection today as well it’s costing a bob or two in bloody car park charges :cry: Have to go back again to Bolton tomorrow for that injection.
[/quote]
After reading that they’d be getting the same reaction another biopsy would get , just take it away , credit to you lancpudn for going through it but a biopsy awake was my limit , was told on first biopsy any more & id be down the theatre & asleep , that’s why I insisted asleep on 2 nd one & they were only too happy to oblige
Good your getting sorted though , though it’s not helping me sleep well
[/quote]
Everything about prostate treatment is rather unpleasant when you think about it, My wazoo was stinging like heck for an hour after the numbing agent they used wore off. :open_mouth:
Just got my NHS letter in the post this morning for yesterdays hormone injection appointment at Bolton hospital :unamused:

Still had no NHS conformation letter for the initial radio beam treatment at Salford Christies tomorrow. I hope that’s not going to be a wasted journey.