Ferry Mode

Old John:

barrykam:

Old John:

barrykam:
You can’t use ferry mode on such a short crossing. I can’t remember the exact minimum length of crossing but 6 hours rings a bell.

Ok, I’ve not seen that quoted anywhere though. That would surely disqualify some of the channel crossings?

It clearly states that you must have access to a bunk or couchette. You don’t get a bunk or couchette on any of the channel crossings so you cannot use ferry mode on any of the channel crossings.
I take a ferry (I’m on one as I type this) at least twice a week. You crossing was not long enough for your Tacho to accept it as a ferry crossing.

I had to delve Into my Croners to check that.
You are partially correct in what you say, but you are getting mixed up with weekly rest. If you intend to split a weekly rest with a ferry crossing or train journey, you must be on the ferry or train for at least 8 hrs, and you must have access to a cabin with a bunk.
For daily rest interruptions, a reclining seat is considered to be sufficient.

You are incorrect as you cannot interrupt a weekly rest with a ferry or train journey full stop.
If you are now looking up the answer yourself then why post the initial question here?
I stand by what I said in that your ferry crossing was not long enough for your Tacho to recognise it as a ferry journey that is long enough to warrant interrupting your daily test period.