Working in France FIMO

Simon:

Craig 111:

Littlejo:
Thanks Craig. That’s kind of you, checking it out now!! Right by me, but gonna need that bloody fimo. Just saw afftral today, and and interview with eychenne ( look good, refrigerated goods regional) but not feeling so confident with my French atm… but fingers crossed!

Nice one, Eychenne seem to be quite busy, used to see a lot of their trucks on Leclerc work. As for your French language skills, just keep on at it, it’ll only get better

In my experience, the best way to learn any language is to speak it with the locals.
They’ll very quickly realise that French isn’t your mother tongue and probably change to English, to help you.
You’ll have to explain that you want to improve your spoken French, so would prefer they spoke French with you. If you haven’t done this already.
It took me many months to learn that quatre vinqt dix (ons, does, tres, etc) was 90 (91, 92, 93 etc), because I was expecting to hear nonant et … Quatre vinqt dix just went straight over my head, the person would see my confused expression and change to English for me. I had to ask another driver what had actually been said, they explained it, THEN the penny dropped :unamused: :smiley:
The more you learn and use, the quicker you’ll learn more and use more, and so on.

I’m rarely in France these days. Germany and Switzerland much more. So I’m learning more German. Apparently I have the most strange accent.
I first learned Hoch Deutch in the 80s. I’ve since then learned much more, but mainly from Southern Germany and Switzerland. So my ‘German language’ pot is very mixed.
It’s like speaking BBC English, with a good handful of Geordy, Scots, Yorkshire etc phrases and words thrown in at random :laughing: :laughing:
I get by quite comfortably in German, but leave a trail of confused Germans behind me :laughing:

I speak fluid French desert wine bottle.

Trouble is the locals don`t actually here wot eye sez.

Edit… been told that in Quebecoise, 90 is neuvante? But I don`t know the truth of that, or if a Frenchman was playing me for a Belge…