Prostate problems

lancpudn:

dozy:
If you’ve any worries / concerns lancpudn about your treatment I’d speak to your urology nurse , I was told from day one if I had any concerns , any changes in waterworks to speak to her ( way they work maybe different in your area to mine )
I wasn’t happy about 6 months for psa test , 2 years for mri , so I rang her and she explained if they noticed any change in psa they’d have me straight in for mri , and if there was any change , pain / blood to ring her immediately
Must admit I’m lucky as mrs is mates ( work at same hospital as well ) so mrs will often ask questions she / I am concerned about
I’d bell her as just put your concerns to her / him & they should pass onto consultant
Best of luck

By chance the urology dept rang me out of the blue Friday teatime to do a question & answer over the phone instead of a face to face hospital appointment about my toilet visits over the last five days, I have to keep a record of the times morning,noon & night time etc.
I asked her about the delay in starting the radio therapy treatment & she said you’re not alone, One of the machines at Christies Salford is broken & will take a month to repair & that’s why appointments have been pushed back.

You would think they’d refer you to a different hospital then , I live in Grantham but have been to Lincoln , Boston , Peterborough , even offered me Louth , Mansfield , notts to get me in quicker
Can’t remember if offer of Louth , Mansfield , notts was prostrate related as have a fair few health related issues , so could of been something else
Prostrate was Boston , cat , mri,s , biopsy,s , even blood tests but now doing blood , mri,s at Grantham
It’s hard to know I guess as it’s different areas , but I’ve not had to wait for anything , had me straight in to be honest ,I’d be asking if the treatment is available near by , I guess that’s where I’m lucky , mrs works at Grantham so got my blood , mri, s changed to Grantham instead of Boston