Prostate problems

lancpudn:

dozy:

lancpudn:
Well that Prostap hormone injection seems to be kicking in, They said it would start to reduce the size of the prostate & enable me to pee easier & they were right. The hot flushes though take some getting used to! I get over a dozen a day. It’ll save on heating if nowt else :grimacing:

Not had that thank god ha ha , but great news your treatment is moving forward , lot of negativity about nhs but even with covid they were great .

Yes I’m not straining to pee anymore thank heavens, I’ve just received another flow test appointment, They weren’t impressed with my last effort :smiley:
Yeah you’re right the NHS staff have been brilliant & really helpful in every way.

Bugger! It’s like one step forward two steps back at present, The oncologist at Christies rang me yesterday saying we need more scans before the radio therapy external beam treatment. I was supposed to start the radio therapy treatment on the 2nd November at Oldham but now I’ve got to have another MRI scan (today) & another bladder scan & flow test on the 17th November.

She also said I’ll need to do a micro-enema before each of the twenty external beam radio sessions :open_mouth: The joys of getting old eh!

The dates for the radio therapy treatment have been pushed back to the new year & changed from Christies Oldham to Christies Salford which is quite worrying since I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in early July :open_mouth: