Prostate problems

lancpudn:
Only just seen this thread, I started to have problems peeing in July this year, Went to see the doctor for a prostate exam & he said it feels abnormal & hard so sent me for a biopsy at Bolton in August, 24 of the 24 biopsies were cancerous :cry: I had CT scans, MRI scans & Bone scans at Bolton hospital & they showed the cancer was localized just in my prostate & hadn’t spread to anywhere else.

I started on bicalutamide tablets & now injections every three months of Prostap androgen hormone treatment for the next two years, I’ve got a flow test to do in October & keep a record of my toilet visits day & night then I start 20 straight days of external beam radio therapy at Christies Oldham & Salford starting November 16th.
My prostate adenocarcinoma Gleason score was 9 out of 10 (almost the worst possible score) & my PSA score was 6.3. The joys of getting old eh!.

I can only wish you the best , I recognise a lot of what you say but not all , not had bone scans (mri/ the biopsy ) was as far as I went , now psa every 6 months / mri 2 yrs ( does change a bit with who you speak to though ) , just had psa & consultation with my urology nurse beginning of Oct , fingers crossed for both of us , and any one else with it