Say goodbye to your jobs-self driving trucks in UK 2023

My last car had automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control etc etc. the auto braking would cut in randomly if the wind blew some leaves across the road and adaptive cruise control would cr@p itself and switch off every time there was anything more than a light drizzle. While I agree the technology improves every year and one day there will be autonomous cars/trucks etc. I don’t expect us all to be out of a job in just 28 months (that’s how long it is till 2025). And even if they do have some huge leap forward with the technology I can’t see many companies shelling out god only knows how much to buy the new trucks. A lot of companies begrudge paying for a fridge in the cab. Some of them won’t even pay for a new tyre if it’s got 1.1mm of tread on it. Do we really think they will pay £100’s of thousands on unproven technology. And can you imagine what the insurance company is going to say? I would be very surprised if the insurance companies are going to be happy accepting liability for a motor with no driver. And then what happens when some smart arse teenager with a laptop hacks the trucks from his bedroom cause the companies didn’t pay for the latest software update. I think our jobs are safe for a good few years yet.