first agency job

Noremac:
The agency bod probably hasn’t done the job.

If you leave the tacho on other work and you have no control over the keys then unfortunately you leave yourself open to going over six hours work.

Probably the most appropriate use of the tachograph is POA, although there may be naysayers that appear to shoot me down.

I would argue that if you don’t know how long the tip will take or that you will definitely be able to stay on the bay for the length of the break, then break it is not appropriate. It would also reset your driving perhaps when you don’t wish to reset your driving.

An issue with POA is that it does appear to reset your driving on the tachograph when you take 45 minutes. In reality, when the tachograph is downloaded you haven’t reset your driving (explanation below). If you fall foul of that, you wouldn’t be the first. You do need to note down how much driving you have.

POA resetting driving: The tachographs are set up to reset driving after 45 minutes POA because when the card is in slot 2, POA can count as break for the co-driver. For some reason the tachograph isn’t smart enough to know the card is in slot 1 and driving should not be reset.

You cannot (legally) use POA unless you know in advance roughly how long it will take.

You cannot (legally) use Break if you are required to assist or monitor unloading, or deal with queries/discrepancies, make phone calls or complete paperwork.

For all practical purposes, you can do either (or some combination of both).

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk