Shaftesbury to Poole HGV route avoiding A350

Unfortunately the very useful warning at Cann, 1 mile south of Shaftesbury, which wisely advises waiting when a tall vehicle is detected coming the other way
up to Shaftesbury, was out of action a few weeks ago and a few arctics just happened to meet in that narrow winding bit. With some difficulty (I don’t think I’ve ever had worse than the best part of an hour trying to alleviate a similar, though unnecessary hold-up on the road to Constantine from Falmouth) not helped by the usual ignorant, inconsiderate and impatient car drivers who only waste everyone’s time by their thoughtless selfish manoeuvres, the situation was eventually resolved. Bit of a pain at the time but it’s only a bit of my life wasted I suppose.

They’re working now (the warnings at Cann which are obviously needed) - I only ever go to the bottom of the dip there even though the earlier warning in Shaftesbury advises Melbury Abbas. The authorities are trying to do the best by making a sort of big one-way system for lorries, but you can go that way to Blandford.