Advice how would you emerge from here

Had a collection last night off the a13…google.co.uk/maps/@51.53136 … 384!8i8192

to be fair to myself where the cone is on the right was a post and the petrol station had closed off the right had pumps so couldnt get out through the station. (i did ask if i could move the cones as it would make it easier they said no).

I ended up waiting untill 2 lanes of the a13 was clear and even then i took up some of the 3rd lane with the headboard.

cooper1203:
H

I ended up waiting untill 2 lanes of the a13 was clear and even then i took up some of the 3rd lane with the headboard.

Is the correct answer!

I knew exactly which part of A13 would be without even clicking. Yes you need to wait until there’s enough room on two lanes. Lorries there usually wait for another lorry to slow down the traffic for them

Looks like a statement by the road planners artics not welcome.

Quit working the day treadmill, and pull out easy peasy on the far-quieter roads on the night shift…

Winseer:
Quit working the day treadmill, and pull out easy peasy on the far-quieter roads on the night shift…

i was there at just gone 8pm and it was still busy

I can’t really see a problem there. Without being a smartarse, all you have to do is be patient. When I was driving for a living (retired now) I didn’t care about being held up; I was getting paid for it.

peterm:
I can’t really see a problem there. Without being a smartarse, all you have to do is be patient. When I was driving for a living (retired now) I didn’t care about being held up; I was getting paid for it.

I would agree with that 100%.

Impatient drivers cause many of the problems on today’s roads. All in a big rush to save what. :unamused:

End result = accidents, road rage and heart attacks.

jakethesnake:

peterm:

Impatient drivers cause many of the problems on today’s roads. All in a big rush to save what. :unamused:

Me too

jakethesnake:

peterm:

in all seriousnmess i was quite happy to wait and i did get a gap that i could pull out into without upsetting anyone. My question was more along the lines of did i judge the situation correctly as it seemed silly to build and design somthing like that when they could of easily removed a bit of fence and had the exit through the petrol station as the canopy was 5 m

cooper1203:

jakethesnake:

peterm:

in all seriousnmess i was quite happy to wait and i did get a gap that i could pull out into without upsetting anyone. My question was more along the lines of did i judge the situation correctly as it seemed silly to build and design somthing like that when they could of easily removed a bit of fence and had the exit through the petrol station as the canopy was 5 m

It seems you did judge things perfectly. It’s good to ask like you did though. You are new to artics I believe. Don’t let your patience slip as time goes by as many do unfortunately.

cooper1203:

What else could you have done? You had only one option: wait for a gap, which you did.

You’ll find over the years there will be certain roundabouts which pose the same problem, where it’s nigh on impossible to pull out without blocking someone, unless you wait for a long time. It is what it is. You did the right thing by waiting on the A13.

cooper1203:
seemed silly to build and design somthing like that when they could of easily removed a bit of fence and had the exit through the petrol station as the canopy was 5 m

I don’t own a petrol station but if I did and next door wanted to use my forecourt as a slip road I don’t think I would.

AFAIK the new BP(?) by Seven Bridges / Calcutt on the A419 was completed but couldn’t open over the slip road to rejoin - didn’t meet new requirements and they didn’t own the adjoining land to increase it. Not sure how it was resolved in the end and its all 2nd hand info so may be wrong.

cooper1203:
Had a collection last night off the a13…google.co.uk/maps/@51.53136 … 384!8i8192

to be fair to myself where the cone is on the right was a post and the petrol station had closed off the right had pumps so couldnt get out through the station. (i did ask if i could move the cones as it would make it easier they said no).

Nothing else you can do is there

cooper1203:

For whatever reason (and no I don’t understand why) there was a post where the cone was and I’m willing to bet £1 that a previous driver has wiped the post out.

It is not a good layout and the only thing you can do in that situation is what you did.

DGSA2:
It is not a good layout and the only thing you can do in that situation is what you did.

Wondering if they’ve done it to stop conflict between entering and exiting vehicles.
It might explain the logic of it.They don’t want exiting trucks going wide into the line of the entry slip road.

There is a few other ones like this a little further along the A13 that are even worse.

Patience is the key but it can be a ■■■■■ for sure.