Trucks, tracks, tall tales and true from all over the world

THE SNAKE AND SHOVEL. trip
ONCE i had made all the arrangements for my trip, the day before i was to fly from GATWICK i received a email=do not forget your working boots ■■ i was already packed just under the baggage weight allowance i had to think what to do ,my working boots, i had not worked since 2002 they were my walking boots, all leather ,Vibram soles, well worn at least 6 years old been greased after every walk with the old [dubin] waterproof Vaseline for boots.
the only way out was to wear them throughout the flight luckily it was November here ,they were ok i slipped them off once airborne a bit warm in DUBI Transit but it solved a problem ,i did wonder why boots i was thinking maybe we would be doing some walking in the outback ,as i knew there was trip planned plus a ride in a KENWORTH .

NO one took any notice of my foot wear ,well when you see all the types of clothing in DUBI TRANSIT YOU COULD WEAR A CARBOARD BOX and it would be normal…i used to call them rag heads but that has changed to worse…i know you middle east men will have something to say but that is my opinion i came across lots of Arabs in the 1960s not as bum boat men trying to sell you tat at port said but trying to steal from your cabins .
Once arriving at PERTH i was taken to my nieces ,and stayed there for 3 days ,pleased to get the boots off.