Smart idea.

MAN have repositioned their batteries on their latest offerings after complaints about the poor size of the ad blue tanks. Whether or not the new positioning could be problematic when luntics reverse their units into parking spots is a discussion for another day.

I was however impressed by the two jump start posts they fit, if the unit doesn’t have an Anderson coupling then these posts will make jump starting a clean and pain free affair methinks.

DAF have done the same for years. The Euro 6’s I’ve been driving since 2014 have been like that.

It is a smart idea. However Volvo put the air tank in the same position on the new fh. A guy I watch on YouTube Russell Worthing had one and it was always getting ■■■■ and damaged so I’d imagine a plastic box won’t fare too well especially if someone misses the pin to

How big is an adblue tank? My Merc gives me not a lot more range than one full tank of diesel does. Is that normal?

Have they repositioned the parking brake on there latest offerings ?

stu675:
How big is an adblue tank? My Merc gives me not a lot more range than one full tank of diesel does. Is that normal?

That’s merc for you, my 61 plate volvo lasts me a month ad blue at least

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

stu675:

Dunno about normal but the previous incarnation of MAN had you filling the ad blue for every two tank fulls of diesel. The new one gives a range of 3800km from full to empty.

ag1992:

stu675:

That’s merc for you, my 61 plate volvo lasts me a month ad blue at least

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Isn’t that overboard though? How many times will you have had to visit a fuel station with adblue easily available in that time !!!■■
Think I have about a 25-30 litre tank good for over 1600 miles.

stu675:

Not big enough if your boss has his own adblue tank and you’re tramping. My 480 Actros will do two tanks of diesel before adblue gets critical; so to answer your question I’d get the adblue consumption checked, seems a bit high. I carry a couple of 10 litre cans to top up if I’m out all week, as the cost is half of what the forecourt pumps charge.

If you do that, a couple of tips. Firstly make sure the cans are well sealed, secondly if you’re filling them from the yard pump make sure to use them regularly.

dozy:
Have they repositioned the parking brake on there latest offerings ?

Yes now on dash.

Sidevalve:
If you do that, a couple of tips. Firstly make sure the cans are well sealed, secondly if you’re filling them from the yard pump make sure to use them regularly.

And if you do this, store them stood up, not on their side!