Trailor connectors

Look at the trailer you are about to pick up, has it got umpteen lbs of grease rammed up the front of the rubbing plate all the way along? yes? then its been picked up probably several times previously by bods that haven’t a clue about lorry driving and never will have.
If you’ve got your own allocated tractor and your own catwalk and suzies are clean and you want to keep them that way then the first thing you have to do is wipe all that grease off the front of the trailer rubbing plate.

Another handy tip is if the connection points on the trailer are mounted to one side, try and perform any tight turns that side, ie connectors on the ns of the trailer try and U turn anti clockwise whenever possible because less chance of stretched lines going under the front of the trailer…which is where the above gripe about grease up the front of the rubbing plate comes in.
Try not to perform tight turns if you can possibly help it, practice and perfect your blind sides, not only is this better for your air lines it cuts down massively on tyre and suspension qwear and, yes, its professional.

Couple of weeks ago i drove another truck and trailer for a few days, lines caked in grease and filth as was the catwalk, sure enough trailer (2 months old) had wobs of grease hanging off the front edge of the rubbing plate :unamused: , i rest my case :imp: …no i didn’t clean it off because the outfit stayed together all week, but as anyone would guess had to clean the windows inside and out in order to see out before i could drive the bloody thing, another one who can’t drive either hence tyre ripping U turns so tight the trailer’s backing up and the lines go under the rubbing plate.