Drivers who kill could receive life sentences

peirre:

Zac_A:
That begs the question of what you might have been doing in the female prison :laughing:

Delivering the weekly “canteen” for the inmates.
Aka their tuck shop orders what they spend their money on (aka tobacco, sweets, pop, crisps, sweets, personal hygiene, chilled and fresh foods etc etc).
I’ve been in nearly every prison from Northumberland down to isle of Sheppy. Some are open prisons in country houses (askham grange, Foston) and a mix of old and modern prisons, most of the time I was inside the prisoner where moving around next to me.
They order the canteen from a list of 500 items and pay for it with the money/credit they have. The order is picked and packed at a central prison Workshop staffed by Cons and run by DHL. 1 prison workshop will serve approximately 11-12 nearby prisons, in the case of Durham, the workshop was at Holme House Stockton on tees.
Each order is picked and heat sealed in a clear plastic bag, sealed with others in tote boxes and taken to a prison on Canteen day in the back of a sealed 18T-22T box van, depending on the prison the orders will either be dished out on the wing by the PO’s or by DHL staff. In the case of Durham (and others) I would have to drive the truck around Nick stopping at the back door to each wing drop off the full totes and collect the empties from the previous delivery. Then either take em to Holme house or back to the yard. Cat A prisons get the best choice of canteen as they can have frozen stuff inc chickens and fish/prawns delivered. The cat A prisons are generally the ones we wasn’t able to get in (Full Sutton etc) as deliveries where received at a separate secure goods in where the whole pallets where lifted from the wagon and into one end of the goods in and X-rayed before being loaded onto a prison wagon and take in the Nick by the staff.

does it have the inmates name on the goodie bag,if so itd be tempting to add a dash of arsenic to a monsters tuck