Heywood truck stop closing down 28. July

msgyorkie:
Places like Heywood should be protected by law. Its on an enclosed Industrial estate that has many HGVs visiting. In fact any new warehouse estate being built should have HGV parking provided as condition of planning consent!

I suspect that fewer people want to tramp every year mate. I am mainly referring to British drivers, not sure about EE drivers as they may be more inclined to sleep in a wagon. This does not alter the fact that you are right with your point, I just think as the years will roll by more drivers will switch to days/nights or 4/4 etc.

Younger drivers coming into the industry don’t seem interested in sleeping out and in fairness I don’t blame them. I think the furlough period has led many people to re-evaluate life and more and more people want to do Youtube stuff to make a living or work from home, sell stuff on Ebay etc… Staff shortages across all industries in the Western world are struggling to get staff,

Birch services Greggs Eastbound was shut early most of this week because of staff shortages, a girl who works there told me it’s too stressful and they can’t get staff.

The parking for lorries in time will ease in my view as less people will want to do it and I think the Gov knows this.