Drivers who kill could receive life sentences

bigdave789:
Who here hasn’t at one point felt drowsy behind the wheel? You’re working long hours, you get poor if any sleep, you’re sat in your air suspended armchair , automatic transmission, cab heater on, it’s dark and cold outside and you’ve got the cruise control on and people wonder why drivers nod off
The next thing you know you’ve ploughed into the back of the standing traffic and your life just went down the toilet, it’s as quick and easy as that

Yeah but you know you’re getting tired before you get to that point. The majority of bad lorry driving I see that is likely to end up in an accident has nothing to do with fatigue. I had one muppet on the A66 on Friday night as we’re coming to the end of the DC section before Bowes heading Westbound right up my arse, literally not even a car away as we’re doing 60 dropping down the hill sticking his cab out to see if he can do an overtake when we’ve already passed the signs for the end of the DC and it’s started to go into one lane and he can’t claim ignorance of the road because it was a transport company from Penrith.