Tramp Lady at the Services

Gidders:
My wife used to work at Stanley Royds hospital ,Wakefiel d until Thatcher closed it.The administrator got a bigger bonus if he closed it before the estimated date.He did.
Predictably the site is now executive apartments.Another winner for the Tory government of the time.

I had to deliver a load of new cars to a temporary compound in SE London area, circa early 90’s, Dartford feels right but could have been anywhere within 20 miles south of the river.
When i got there i’ve arrived at a large mansion type stately home almost, set in the most peaceful extended gardens, all walled in, turns out it was a former asylum that was closed along with the others, what struck me was just how peaceful the place was, an atmosphere worth soaking up.
I had no knowledge until then really what had gone on re the asylums, learning about this travesty affected me enough to phone to discuss these things with my cousin who happens to be a Catholic Priest, he was as angry and upset about these places of peace and safety being shut down as anyone.

As Flying Tanker says, just what the hell did those heartless swine expect was going to happen to the poor sods being chucked out into a hostile world they may have had no previous knowledge of apart from fearful memories.
Not to worry the right sort will have trousered large undeserved sums, maybe even a gong or three to sweeten the deals.