Job hunting

Marky-p:
I’ve applied for class 1 jobs that advertise ‘new pass accepted’, the ones that get back to me say “we will take newly qualified class 1 if you already have class 2 working experience.”

I will of course continue to apply but a lot of these adverts don’t reveal their true criteria until you speak to them

When you’re registered with an agency, the agency sends you to one of their clients for a driving assessment. There is no traditional job application involved.

You won’t have to send any of the agency’s clients your CV, because the agency will already have done the background checks to make sure that you meet their requirements such as having your three cards (driving licence, tacho card, cpc card) and don’t have too many points on your licence (often no more than 6 points), etc.

If you’re a new driver, the agency will only send you to a client who accepts new passes. Most of the clients won’t accept a new pass.

The agency doesn’t decide which clients accept new passes, as that is for the client to decide.