2022 Newbies

Jockforster:
Firstly Driveress…well done! I wanted to put on my first post and couldnt see how to do it lol
Went for my medical in November 2021, passed theory in January 2022, CPC in Feb 2022 and lessons and passed CatC in March 2022. Working via agencies doing class2 multidrop and loving it!!! Should have done it years ago. Plan to do Class1 after a year or so.

My question to the floor is what map is best to show bridge heights, weight restrictions etc? And if you know how I can post this as a topic so I get info from the auld hands that would be great :laughing:

Well done, and hope it keeps getting better for you.

Some of us ole ■■■■■ do come on this section to tell those wholl listen of " ow it wus in t`good ole days"…

SatNav /Maps /Google /etc is often covered, so try a bit of a search on older threads first maybe?
Whatever you choose don`t trust your shiny new licence to a bit of kit or a map. Always keep a close eye on restrictions yourself.

Personally I tend to plan routes on an old paper map, then use satnav for the last couple of miles.
Even then, I will look at where the SatNav is suggesting as a route, and if it seems strange Ill try to work out why. Turning on a satnav and just following its directions blindly is a recipe for disaster.