Coupling order

ScaniaUltimate:
BTW - let’s not forget the number plate. A £100 fine will take away most of the purpose of being at work at all for that day & hand written ones will not save you from the fine.
If you do get caught without one do not say it must have fallen off, as that can lead to a different but more serious charge.

That is true,.I once got my trailer plate nicked overnight by some ■■■■ for some unknown reason a few years ago,.and got pulled and nicked.
Usual type of non discretionary modern copper said I should not have left the park and bought a new one… , but the last time I tried to get a plate from a car accessory shop, even thought the truck was parked outside in view, the jobs worth in the shop told me I had to produce the registration document/logbook, so what tf do you do?
If I’d said it must have dropped off, it comes under the remit of insecure load or similar I was told.
So if you make an effort, by writing your reg on a temporary card,.they won’t accept it and still nick you.
Anybody would think they were just intent on making money out of you…surely not. :unamused:
Just about sums the ■■■■ job up nowadays. :unamused: