The salaries in this industry

ETS:

Conor:
…the usual crapload typically found in every Connor post

Yes yes, I know you make 50 grand a year (before tax) for 32 hours/week mon-fri but 90% of the drivers out there are working crap hours (too many and or too un-sociable or downright detrimental as a ton studies have shown for nights or rotating shift patterns) for crap money.

Because they choose to. There’s enough work out there and employers desperate enough for drivers that they are willing to accept someone who only wants to do 40hrs a week that those who are sick of the long hours can change and if it comes to it go on agency.

I choose not to work 50+hrs a week, 5 days a week so I don’t. I do 8-10hrs a night, four nights a week. And if I want to do less than that I do. The flip side of that is I accept that there will be times when I’m wanting to work but none is available but I see that as a price worth paying for the freedom I now have. But you continue as you are as you clearly like to keep wallowing in your own self pity, whining to anyone who is daft enough to listen. If you don’t like your lot only you can change it, all the ■■■■■■■ and whining in the world won’t change a thing.