The salaries in this industry

ETS:
real price increase of over 20% compared to last year

Inflation is nowhere near 20%. Average food shop has increased just over £270 a year, barely a fiver a week.

I get paid £16.66 an hour plus shift bonus which bumps it up to just over £18/hr to sit on my arse watching the world go by, listening to the music I like, spend an hour waiting for my return trailer to be brought to the changeover or on break watching Netflix and Youtube as I do still on pay, swap trailers and drive back again. Out of my working week I get paid £83 a week to watch Netflix and £500 to listen to my favourite tunes going out for a drive watching the world go by.

There’s a load of people in this country working a lot harder in far more miserable working conditions for a lot less.

anywhere I’ve worked in the last 4 years agency or FT breaks are never paid

I can’t actually remember the last job I worked where breaks weren’t paid, agency or FT. I couldn’t even take a guess where it was and who it was for. Certainly no time in the last 20 years I can think of.

To compare with teachers (who work like 6 months in a year or less) or police/NHS who get a ton of benefits and crazy OT rates is just different fields entirely.

You too can go do those jobs if you want, all you have to do is go to university and spend three years of your life and £27,000 to get a degree then spend 5 years going up through the pay scale grades until you finally reach the wages you think are so fantastic although you may not want to given their entry pay levels are barely more than minimum wage for the hours they do. How much time and money did you spend to get your LGV licence, a few grand and a couple of weeks training?