The salaries in this industry

ETS:
It’s nice to see people defending the low wages though justifying as ‘‘well there’s low wages elsewhere too!’’ brilliant logic…

Nobody did though did they :unamused:

You are missing the point - myself, and I think others were trying to point out that it isn’t a low wage at all, it is in fact a better than average wage for the level of skill education/qualification required. Just because you want more doesn’t make it a low wage.

Tbh, your entire post smacks of entitlement. You complain that the wages are only a notch above warehouse work - newsflash - lorry driving is only a notch above warehouse work as a career.

Security are on £10-12 an hour - what is it you think we do that we deserve so much more than them? Because we spent a couple of grand on a license? They get to do 4 on 4 off? I do 4-4, why can’t you?

What is so much harder about driving a lorry than driving a forklift truck? Why do you think we are better than them?

Teachers only work 6 months a year? Ridiculous statement but if that’s what you think, go and study for 3-4 years and better yourself.

I would actually go as far as to say that 40hrs at £15 p/h is a very good wage. I would be very surprised if there was any other job outside of lorry driving that you could train for in 2 weeks and get that wage. And if there is, it would definitely involve more work than your average driver would be prepared to do.

Good for you that you don’t want to work more than 40hrs - there’s more to life than money. But if you want more money but you don’t want to work for it and you don’t want to retrain for it, you just want to be given it because you think you should be - as I said earlier - delusions of grandeur and laziness!