JAPS

kmills:
1So, Japanese trucks eh?
As the former owner and founder of the company where I work used to say - “if you want to make many out of a truck, buy a Japanese one”…

Here at Ace Crane Trucks half of the 12 trucks are Japs- a mix of Hino’s and UD’s. The rest are Volvo & Kenworth.

I’ve been at Ace for 10 years, originally driving, but now in the workshop as a boilermaker/ welder, and all round fixer up 'er - boilermaker and welder is my trade.

So first up - the only Hino artic - a 2006 ‘700’.
12 litre, 450 hp with an 18 spd Road Ranger box - it’s quiet, comfortable enough- but with a next to useless bed- but we don’t do many nights out.

This motor had the 23 tonne Fassi crane removed a couple of years ago when it was out certification, but is still in daily use, using a Manitou telehandler.

To date, it has clocked up just over the 1 million kms - 1, 007,000 to be precise this week- and thousands of hours with the engine & pto in use operating the crane.

Here’s a full list of the 'unscheduled ’ repair work it’s had;

1 clutch.
A set of shock absorbers.

Yep, that’s it. The motor has never been touched, and it runs & drives very well.

I’ll post some info regarding the other Japs we have soon.

Cheers,

Keith

So they sound good for reliability Keith, so why aren’t they ruling the roost ? They’re like hens teeth over here,n yet the cars n bikes are everywhere ! Cheers coomsey