Agency help

Carryfast:

Star down under.:
Driveress, choose carefully from whom you take advice, particularly in this thread.
One poster has no experience in the last quarter century, yet continues to promote a picture of doom and gloom. He has adopted this attitude because he failed in the industry, due to his aversion to physical activity. Do your own research, on this forum and you’ll find the recurring, bitter theme.
This industry is no different to any other, there are good and bad jobs, employers and employees.
You’ll obviously have to prove yourself, within your parameters, on the bottom rung. Do a decent job and you will progress.
All the best with your endeavours.

Define exactly what type of work you mean by ‘bottom rung’ and what you mean by ‘prove yourself’.
When you’ve answered that question the OP can choose whether to accept your advice or ironically Switchlogic’s combined with that of SWEDISH BLUE’s.

The truth is crap quality work is crap quality work.Accepting that to ‘prove yourself’ will just get you typecast as a mug by both the employers and/or those who want to keep the best work for themselves.It also provides no incentive for agencies to clean up their client base books.

I have to agree. To continue the analogy mentioned about the Field Marshal, accepting crap work is like starting in the Army with a rubber gun, and competing to be cheaper to equip than those with real guns. You don’t get to Field Marshal that way at all.

And the reality for most people is that they’ll never be Field Marshal, because the Army doesn’t need more Field Marshals than soldiers. The soldier therefore expects decent wages and conditions now for routine work done.

I honestly think some people are so fond of ladders, that they wouldn’t object to going down and entering the building through the sewer entrance, so long as I gave them a ladder to climb back to the ground floor through a manhole, and then think themselves achievers for having done so. Any sensible person would ask what the hell is going on with that, and why they can’t just use the front door normally.

What’s more is that, as a worker who has gone through the sewer then got back on the level, you’ve then always got someone else grabbing at your leg trying to get up out of the manhole, so it scarcely works even for its proponents in the workforce, though it might work for the bosses.