Petrol and diesel cars to be phased out within 20 years?

Cars and/or driving them as we have over the last 50 years, are quickly dying out. Brock Yates (founder of The Cannonball Run) forecast in 1971 when he started the event/protest that we are all heading for ‘1984’ and he was bang on the money (or buck in his case).

As of July this year all new cars must be fitted with speed limiters (although current legislation allows them to be turned off). Other proposals associated with this mandate include black boxes recording speeding ‘events’, etc.

Along with GPF filters and all the other safety ‘■■■■■■■■’ the sporting car is almost dead anyway. I sold my M4 over a year ago now and although I miss it greatly, the fuel cost, the speed camera’s and the sheer amount of knobs on the road no longer made driving it fun. Mine was a 2015 car, can you imagine buying a new one this year that sounds like a Dyson cleaner with an EU spy system fitted to it?

Our Gov simply want to wander around the world willy waving about how we are vaccinated world leading, carbon neutral superstars, saving motorists from themselves & planting trees along with telling the whole [zb]ing globe how to live.

It’s sadly becoming embarrassing to be British :frowning: It’s little wonder why many countries hate us.