Queues At Dover & Calais

tonyj105:
i cant see any actual personal advantages i’ve gained post brexit, apart from covid jabs
mobile phone is now back to added roaming charges, taking your pet abroad is more complicated with more admin and extra blood testing etc , additonal admin to take your car abroad (and i’ve now got to rip my nice GB plate off the back of my car and replace with a UK one) , can only stay in the eu for 90 days (bang goes my easy retirement plan), and my admin and the time it takes to arrange loads into the EU has increased ( lots of extra ballache) and so have the costs .
but , happily we control our borders, and we have an excellent govt which knows the way forward.

It`s not quite that simple…
The UK was first to roll out vaccines, true.
But EU rules were not preventing other countries from doing so.
Only the UK chose to use the EMA regulation 174, to do with temporary licensing in a pandemic. All within EU rules.

“The head of the MHRA, Dr June Raine, has been clear that the vaccine was approved under EU law. Asked directly whether Brexit made the process quicker, she said: “We have been able to authorise the supply of the vaccine using provisions under European law which exist until 1 January.””
fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-vaccine-brexit/

A good call IMHO to get the vaccines out quickly, but nowt to do with Brexit.