Daily Covid 19 Testing

robroy:

jakethesnake:
Hmmm 99.9% sounds a bit dubious to me. Any proof?

I would imagine there will be a lot of people chuffed that Boris has scrapped plan B and lifted restrictions.
Does anyone ever consider the clinically vulnerable? Almost 4 million to be precise. (UK)
All those poor people that had to shield for such a long time and many still do. Do they not have a right to some freedom or do they have to lock themselves way while the rest spread the virus and 99.9% don’t get ill. :unamused:

Just this week I heard first hand of a 22 year old who had asthma and died after catching covid.
Also I believe Meatloaf died of covid because he was asthmatic.

Let’s just get on with the rest of our lives and not worry. :open_mouth:

It’s a hard world Jake, life ain’t always fair, it’s the age old survival of the fittest scenario.
Way I see it is the onus is on those who are vulnerable to look after themselves, it ain’t my job to ‘protect’ people’ same as I would not exoect strangers to protect me if I was in that position.
Life has to go on, the country’s economy will be totally [zb] ed if we have another lockdown, we need to get real and carry on as normal and live with all this crap.

As for your 22 year old…hmm, if it is true there are exceptions to every rule, but to me it sounds like the usual scaremongering.
As for Meatloaf…ain’t got a scooby, he’d do anything for love, but as far as living like a hermit to protect himself, he would’nt do that…and he didn’t.

I have elderly parents and an aunt, they have had their injections I don’t think they expect anybody to take responsibility for them, they accept they are responsible for themselves.
Both me and my kids have asked them how they feel about us coming round after mixing with other people,.and they say they want to see us,
I’m sure (that figure again) …99.9% of other elderly and/or vulnerable people feel the same way…they have lived a long life and [zb] happens…

I agree life is far from fair and I also agree there has been some exaggeration to this covid lark.
It is true about the 22 year old and many of these deaths are never known about. Sometimes I wish I didn’t get to hear about them.

It’s not so much the elderly I feel sorry for but people like a freind of mine who was being treated for cancer when this started. In her 50’s, lost her husband to cancer in jan 20 and has been stuck at home pretty much since. unfortunately there are many others in the same boat.