How long am I covered with my modules?

Bin Man:

stevieboy308:

cooper1203:

stevieboy308:
You need to complete 3 more modules for you to carry on driving after your current card expires next month. No you don’t need to wait for your card to arrive, you can carry on once you’ve completed the 35 hours.

Once you complete the 3 more your new card will expire 5 years later than your current card if you complete the last module before the current card expires or from the date you complete your last module if after

A module has a 5 year limit for you to use it in a set of 5, so if you stopped driving but returned in 10 years say, then the 2 you’ve currently done but not use would have expired and you’d have to do 5.

so in theory i could do my initial cpc course and then the next week do a full 35 hour cpc and be covered for 10 years?

Yep, you could do 35 hours in the last week before your card expires, then next week, the 1st of the new card do 35 hours and you wouldn’t have to do it again for 10 years

You would need to be put on suicide watch by the second day of your second batch of 5 :wink:

At least it can’t be the same five courses any more!