Daily Covid 19 Testing

tmcassett:

jakethesnake:
Hmmm 99.9% sounds a bit dubious to me. Any proof?

I would imagine there will be a lot of people chuffed that Boris has scrapped plan B and lifted restrictions.
Does anyone ever consider the clinically vulnerable? Almost 4 million to be precise. (UK)
All those poor people that had to shield for such a long time and many still do. Do they not have a right to some freedom or do they have to lock themselves way while the rest spread the virus and 99.9% don’t get ill. :unamused:

Just this week I heard first hand of a 22 year old who had asthma and died after catching covid.
Also I believe Meatloaf died of covid because he was asthmatic.

Let’s just get on with the rest of our lives and not worry. :open_mouth:

Of course it is not good for anyone deemed to be vulnerable, but the bottom line is those people were vulnerable before March 2020 to illness and disease (such as the flu) - sadly just a fact of being a human being. Were you locking yourself away from these people and wearing a mask pre March 2020 then?

As for the 22 year old you mention, a classic case of propaganda at work - lets highlight some rare cases of young healthy (or mostly healthy) people dying of this hideous virus to continue the scaremongering and fear agenda. Newsflash for you, before covid 19 healthy/young/fit people sometimes died out of the blue - again a fact of life.

Your opnion which of course you are entitled to however I simply don’t see it the same way.
Of course there were vulnerable people before covid and there were flu deaths every year but mainly in the very elderly.
This is nothing like flu and can do far more damage than normal flu affecting many different parts of the body. Just ask anyone who has had it severly if it felt like flu.

Of course you are correct some young people die every year but that figure has risen since covid.
Do you know Omicron is hitting children harder than any other group at present mainly because they have had no vaccination.

Anyway interesting to hear your opinion but I doubt we will ever agree. :wink: