Where to find work in the South West

cheersdrive:
You can earn £35k in Exeter but there’s not a huge choice of work. If you were committing to moving from a different part of the country it’s risky, and gets more risky the further south you go. Maybe a backup plan if things go wrong?

I would suggest living in Taunton and work in Bridgwater at the Morrisons RDC, its run by Wincanton. Bristol is a great choice for work and as has been said before, you could live in south wales and commute, although I have no idea of house prices or quality of life around Newport.

I didn’t take to Somerset personally, Devon is nicer. I lived in Clevedon, North Somerset, for a while which is just weird in a way you can’t put your finger on. Bridgwater is full of inbreds. I found North Devon to be a category of it’s own due to it’s geographical location, a bit insular if that’s the right word. Don’t be tempted to move somewhere just because it has lovely beaches.

+1
Choose carefully where to live first. Taunton is on the up but popular with city escapees who can now work from anywhere since lockdown. Rail link to London and close to M5. North Devon is in a category of its own, true. Barnstaple is a dump, like those areas of Bristol mentioned. North Devon is insular in the sense that it’s a traditional agricultural community full of isolated farms, and early closing on a Wednesday and Saturday in places, :unamused: and if people do go on holiday they go next door, to Cornwall. It’s the sort of place that visitors are surprised to find a soya skinny latte :slight_smile: But it’s a friendly place which is accepting of incomers of which there are a lot. People who move to ND either think it’s Devon’s best kept secret or a ****hole. Beautiful scenery. Everywhere is at least half an hour away. South Devon is much more touristy and loads of second homes and much more expensive. Exeter is a nice city, if you still want to live in a city.