How long am I covered with my modules?

Hello all

I have two modules of five CPC training
18/2/2019
13/10/2020

Card runs out 9/2/2022

If I’m correct because it’s the first time I’m renewing

I have to complete 35hrs training before 9/2/2022 and don’t need to wait for my card after completing training to drive

Just checking because I was told the last module covers me till 2025

Thanks

mmeessii:
Hello all

I have two modules of five CPC training
18/2/2019
13/10/2020

Card runs out 9/2/2022

If I’m correct because it’s the first time I’m renewing

I have to complete 35hrs training before 9/2/2022 and don’t need to wait for my card after completing training to drive

Just checking because I was told the last module covers me till 2025

Thanks

im not 100 percent sure as i havent had to renew my cpc since i did my initial cpc in 2019 is each module has a 5 year life span so the module you did 18/2/19 will expire 17/2/24 and the one you did on 13/10/20 will expire 12/10/25. This means that once you have done your three that are due in a couple of weeks you wont need to do another one until 17/2/24 then obviously another by oct the next year then another three in 5 years time from when you took the three you need now.

there is a way of checking online but you need to order a magic code and wait for it to arrive via snail mail

This of course could all be wrong due to the latest excuse for doing no work aka corona

You need to complete 3 more modules for you to carry on driving after your current card expires next month. No you don’t need to wait for your card to arrive, you can carry on once you’ve completed the 35 hours.

Once you complete the 3 more your new card will expire 5 years later than your current card if you complete the last module before the current card expires or from the date you complete your last module if after

A module has a 5 year limit for you to use it in a set of 5, so if you stopped driving but returned in 10 years say, then the 2 you’ve currently done but not use would have expired and you’d have to do 5.

stevieboy308:
You need to complete 3 more modules for you to carry on driving after your current card expires next month. No you don’t need to wait for your card to arrive, you can carry on once you’ve completed the 35 hours.

Once you complete the 3 more your new card will expire 5 years later than your current card if you complete the last module before the current card expires or from the date you complete your last module if after

A module has a 5 year limit for you to use it in a set of 5, so if you stopped driving but returned in 10 years say, then the 2 you’ve currently done but not use would have expired and you’d have to do 5.

so in theory i could do my initial cpc course and then the next week do a full 35 hour cpc and be covered for 10 years?

cooper1203:

stevieboy308:

so in theory i could do my initial cpc course and then the next week do a full 35 hour cpc and be covered for 10 years?

Yes. That is similar to what I am doing. Got my CPC then 64 hrs C+E training that I am hoping qualifies as CPC also.

Thanks for all the replies

cooper1203:

stevieboy308:

Yep, you could do 35 hours in the last week before your card expires, then next week, the 1st of the new card do 35 hours and you wouldn’t have to do it again for 10 years

stevieboy308:

cooper1203:

stevieboy308:

Yep, you could do 35 hours in the last week before your card expires, then next week, the 1st of the new card do 35 hours and you wouldn’t have to do it again for 10 years

You would need to be put on suicide watch by the second day of your second batch of 5 :wink:

Bin Man:

stevieboy308:

cooper1203:

stevieboy308:

You would need to be put on suicide watch by the second day of your second batch of 5 :wink:

At least it can’t be the same five courses any more!

At least it can’t be the same five courses any more!

That is a blessing.