From office work to class 1, the wait is KILLING ME

Neetsneets:

Noremac:
I find it interesting reading the outlook of potential new drivers.

Driving isn’t a well paid profession on the whole. Drivers can make a bit of money by putting in the hours or by getting in with one of the better payers, which by no means is a given for a new starter.

Driving usually does not involve sociable hours and the hours are normally longer than an office job and can include weekend work, making family life more difficult.

Driving has an element of risk and there is considerable responsibility because one moment of distraction and you can end up in a lot of bother.

There are considerable rules and regulations to follow and potential for personal fines for infringing drivers hours or driving a vehicle with defect(s).

Driving is solitary and boring and involves going out in all sorts of weathers.

If you read through the forums, there are many more examples of why driving really isn’t for everyone and if you are just doing it because it is better paid than your current job, you perhaps are not taking everything into account.

Having said this, if you think it is for you, it can be a rewarding career choice.

I hate the office politics with burning passion, I earn £26k with no overtime potential, live alone in a rented flat I can’t afford so I have to look for a second job… I love driving, I drive a lot, get on with the warehouse people better, and love being on my own. Thank you but I know what I’m getting myself into :sunglasses:

Would you consider house share or you have too much stuff? I don’t exactly know where you live, but renting a room might save you massive amounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk