Breaks

Conor:

toonsy:
waits for howls of derision from our resident driver compliance squad

And you’ll get it. That attitude is what’s allowed the practice of planning unrealistic runs that expect the driver to tip on break. So when you’re chasing your backside off and the only way you can get home as a day driver that day by doing everything on break and you’re having to pee in a bottle and eat your dinner whilst you drive because you’ve no time to stop then you can thank those that have the “and there’s also the real world” attitude.

Everything that is crap about the job that you whine about being brought in is as a direct result of what drivers have done in the past. Tachographs because drivers couldn’t resist running bent with log books, speed limiters because they couldn’t resist hooning down the road, cameras because they can’t drive without hitting something.

We’re talking a chat of a few minutes at most. Any return to work I’ve ever done has lasted no longer than 30 seconds and consisted of nothing more than “are you better”, “is there is there an ongoing issue” and then “sign here”.

If we’re going right down to the letter I sincerely hope nobody cleans their truck or mirrors whilst sat on break, or checks the next leg of the journey for traffic and so on. I mean that’s all a work related activity after all isn’t it?