Ukraine [merged]

Winseer:
To put my Devil’s Advocate hat on today:

Kiev are probably lying through their teeth to get NATO to back an aggressive invasion of East Ukraine, which is already in Russian hands, don’t forget…

I don’t reckon Russia has any motive to invade the West of the country, but would rather consolidate the hold they now have over the East.

I guess Russia rightly sees it the same as we saw the Northern Ireland issue so it’s just a localised issue in which East Ukraine is off limits that we need to stay well out of.

However on the other hand it could just as likely be a small part of a much bigger move, which could theoretically see a joint Russian/NK/Pakistan/China and maybe even India move on the west.Possibly also involving simultaneous actions in the Pacific.
In which case we haven’t helped ourselves by sending surrender messages regarding the nuclear deterrent and helping China’s defence budget and technology.
While ■■■■■■■ off the Russians by sending in NATO and militarising Russia’s old post WW2 buffer states.Not exactly a mark of good faith after Russia pulled out of them.

If it’s the latter it could get messy bearing in mind the west now seems to prefer the idea of surrender than the mutually assured destruction strategy.
If it’s the former and we get involved then it’s just more confirmation that the western governments have lost the plot in allowing themselves to be dragged into the wrong fight in the wrong place at the wrong time.
While the same would apply even in the case of meeting the threat of the latter by sending boots on the ground out on a pointless suicide mission to stop such a force in Ukraine.When trying to use conventional forces to stop such an invasion would be like taking a knife to a gunfight.