O licence and truck hire

Howdo,

I’m in the process of applying for an o licence but not sure if I’ll get one, if I don’t are there companies that hire tractor units under there o licence and if so how much do the cost?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Cheers
Al

That’s just being a driver. If you’ve applied for an O lic, hopefully you’d have been aware you can’t share, lend or borrow a licence.

As Acorn said, what you’re describing is not permissible.
If you’ve already put in the application, then either you should be a qualified TM or you have contracted someone else who is. If it is the latter, they should have been your first port of call for info.

Don’t know if this helps, but once you have an O-licence, you can have hire vehicles listed on it.

Thanks for the advise,all this is new to me. Had my own concrete company previously but it was classed as plant so didn’t need any of this. Will wait and see if o licence is granted and make a proper plans just trying to plan for worse case scenario.

Thanks again chaps.

Al

Don’t even contemplate trying to use someone elses licence, as you are opening up a rather large can of whoop ■■■ for both of you if caught.

Ken.