PPPension

adam277:
Truckjimbo gimmie grief over pensions.
So I am just wondering, has anyone ever tried to combine their pensions into one? or is it even worth it?

Was thinking of using something like pensionbee.com/
Also when did you start taking your pension seriously? Im 29, so I am probably at the age when I should give it some thought lol.

I’ve used pensionbee. They don’t actually do anything you can’t easily do yourself - although as their service is free, there is some benefit to you as you don’t have to spend time/effort keep track of correspondence etc. The main advantage of combining pots is that with it all in one place you are unlikely to lose track of some small pension(s). This can potentially be an issue if you move house or change email provider. Some people are comfortable (and even enjoy) dealing with this sort of thing, some less so. This will likely change several times in the average person’s lifetime.

Bottom line is that State Pension is currently around £9k per year when/if you are eligible to draw it. Regardless of the level of double/triple locking they apply, it’s not going to increase significantly in real terms. It’s down to you to make this up to something that will provide a few decades of life rather than existence.