Petrol and diesel cars to be phased out within 20 years?

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
Greater Manchester transport authority will be one of the first to set this in motion greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk … t-network/

I get to try out Greater Manchester’s new guided bus way system tomorrow from Atherton as I’m going to Manchester with my sister on it. youtube.com/watch?v=y7PsMAmAz34

What a surprise.The anything but Green narrative seems to be moving away from that of just a change in the fuelling options for private car use, to the totally different one of forcing the use of public/mass transport.
By the title of the topic we ‘should’ still be able to buy a new Hydrogen fuelled V8 ICE powered Merc estate or Range Rover after 2030.The agenda says nothing about having to use the bus.

You only need to read the headlines on most transportation sites regards where private car usage is heading and we’re nowhere the date when a lot more brown stuff will hit the fan in 2025.

New measures for parking levies. fleetnews.co.uk/news/car-in … rking-levy

CAZ’s forcing employers to consider alternatives to private car use. fleetnews.co.uk/news/enviro … to-the-car

Significant reduction in car usage wanted as cost of congestion is revealed. fleetnews.co.uk/news/enviro … n-revealed