DAF LF45 Pto Install

Hi guys,
Just bought a 2013 lf45 chassis cab with plans to put pto on for a hookloader setup.
But just found out it was never prepared for pto from factory and Daf are quoting me huge money to prepare it for pto as it has an auto gearbox and therefore needs to be programmed to disengage before engaging the pto.
Has anyone ever came across this before and is there a cheaper way around it? I think the guy just wasn’t interested and was just throwing bug figures at me. He mentioned that I’d need to install a Body building module as it wasn’t installed from factory, but then someone else told me they don’t need a BBM as it can be programmed into the VIC.

Im sure some of the PTO kit suppliers have developed a work around. I think these [cvhltd.co.uk/](https://www.cvhltd.co.uk/) had a clutch or some thing between the take off and the pump. If its a AS tronic type box, Ive heard of people fitting a normal PTO set up, switch to D, so clutch disengaged, engage PTO, put box back into N so clutch engaged, and PTO running. This might work driving it yourself, have a bad day and forget or a driver who doesn’t know it has the potential to cause damage.

The PTO function was removed from the VIC hence the BBM …I don’t know what year it happened …

pig pen:
Im sure some of the PTO kit suppliers have developed a work around. I think these [cvhltd.co.uk/](https://www.cvhltd.co.uk/) had a clutch or some thing between the take off and the pump. If its a AS tronic type box, Ive heard of people fitting a normal PTO set up, switch to D, so clutch disengaged, engage PTO, put box back into N so clutch engaged, and PTO running. This might work driving it yourself, have a bad day and forget or a driver who doesn’t know it has the potential to cause damage.

CVH did do a pto for an auto DAF as I fitted one to 08 reg with a normal pto air pull switch but they tell me now it cant be done with the latest DAF due to the way the clutch recalibrates after the engine has been running for a while in neutral.