Manual entry mistake on tacho

Hi all,
I was a spare driver today and sat in the canteen for 6 hours before I got a truck.

Without thinking it through, I put in a manual entry for 6 hours POA. And it immediately said I need to take a break. I said oh #@&%#!
I should’ve put in the break time [emoji21]

I drove on and completed the short trip.

But is there any way to go back and amend the manual entry next time I put my card in?

It was accidental, but at the same time you shouldn’t be able to go back and change your tacho records.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

If you did a manual entry showing 6 hours of POA and nothing else the tacho wouldn’t be telling you to take a break as POA effectively pauses the WTD clock and doesn’t count towards working time. The only way it would show you needing a break is if you put a manual entry for 6 hours of other work.
Once you’ve done the entry there is no way to change it, just do a print out for yourself and another for the office to cover your back

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Terry Cooksey:
If you did a manual entry showing 6 hours of POA and nothing else the tacho wouldn’t be telling you to take a break as POA effectively pauses the WTD clock and doesn’t count towards working time. The only way it would show you needing a break is if you put a manual entry for 6 hours of other work.
Once you’ve done the entry there is no way to change it, just do a print out for yourself and another for the office to cover your back

That’s exactly what’s happened. In my haste I’ve pressed other work.

Is it too late now to do anything?

Cheers [emoji106]

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Too late to do anything about it now, apart from doing print outs for you and the office. Don’t worry about it though, it’s not a big deal, we’ve all done it at least once!

Still an infringement though

robthedog:
Still an infringement though

Of the WTD, not drivers hours. And seemingly other than signing a bit of paper which then gets filed in case the people who don’t enforce it might want to look one day nobody seems to care about WTD.