Car to Artic - the first?

stu675:
Well done katten!!

In case you didn’t notice ROG asking, let’s have a shout out for your trainer! How did you manage to get a booking 2 weeks after your provisional? ( I guess it was booked before?)
Whereabouts are you? (Might help for job suggestions) is there anything you particularly want to get into?

Thanks Stu!

I’ve mentioned my trainer (Paul Franks of Euro-Mark Training, Dodworth) on another post, and I’m in Sheffield, wanting to get into distance/day/night/weekend/tramping work. (don’t fancy multidrop or handballing).

I had done a lot of research, called a lot of local companies and even put together several spreadsheets on timescales, costs, options, etc, prior to speaking to Paul, and had already applied for provisional, started studying for theory & hazard P. When I spoke to him on 20 October, he had literally just got a cancellation for enough days to fit in the extended C+E course, and he must have thought I seemed determined and enthusiastic, because he kept it open for me (otherwise next available date at the time was January). We kept in touch the entire time, and I updated him on every step, so that we knew where we were. I’m so grateful that he did that for me, and trusted me enough to put me straight in the C+E. (and then didn’t panic after that first day! :laughing: )