Bartrum Director urges transport sectary not to extend visas

Jimjam81:
How can you say the test hasn’t changed?? There is no reversing manoeuvre exercise or coupling and uncoupling not to mention the fact someone can now go from a 1.0 litre car to a 44 tonne wagon with nothing in between, so yes I’d say that the standard of new drivers is going to change dramatically for the worse.
As for the other comment I think you’re bang on about them chasing the dollar rather than doing it for the love of driving. I took my test 19 years ago when I was 21 as that was what I wanted to do and still do as a career.
This will achieve more bums on seats but it’s also going to cause higher insurance premiums for companies to.

The test has not changed. Part of it is now taught and tested by the trainers and you still have to pass the reverse exercise. Before it was taught by the trainer and tested by an examiner by the DVSA as part of the test.

As for going from a car to artic it happened a long time ago that way.

So why don’t you tell me what has changed then in your eyes? Given you are arguing against the facts.

And if you really want to be pedantic the way it’s being tested has changed but I’d suggest you look into what those changes actually mean regarding the reverse exercise. As for whether someone can go from a certain vehicle to another type of vehicle is person specific. You have to be able to prove you are a competent driver to the examiner. None of that has any bearing of how someone will or won’t drive once out on the road.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk