URTU opinions?

Rjan:

ezydriver:
I’ve called URTU once (in 7 years of membership) for advice about holiday pay reflecting average pay, as at the time I was being significantly short changed when taking holiday. I was told “Don’t take your company on, they will find a way to sack you. Instead, try and get more drivers from your depot to join URTU, and fight it together”.

Make of that as you will.

What they say seems sensible. Are you going to call a one-man strike? A union must consist of members, who comprise an appreciable portion of the workforce, willing to strike.

The union bureaucracy can help you navigate the legalities of a strike, but they cannot make up for a lack of solidarity.

Correct as it says on the tin…a '‘UNION’, or joining together as a group .
It’s like everything else if every driver was like minded ie, stuck together,.(an alien concept in many driver’s minds) .and ignore all the anti Union propaganda b/s put about by the Govt and the education authorities in schools, 70s,.strikes, held to ransom, winter of discontent etc etc :unamused: ,.we would have a much better way of life in this industry, not be ■■■■ about, not be abused nor any type of driver facing camera dog ■■■■ would be laughed at before it took off.

It pains me to say it, but I can not see any point in joining any union on my own after all this, so the crap will just keep on coming to everybody wakes up.