Driver CPC, new guidance

Zac_A:
I’m just describing the lay of the land, if you find that offensive then don’t blame the messenger.

You’ve said you’re new to this side of things; the bottom line is it doesn’t matter where you are or how many drops you’ve got on, it’s the driver’s responsibility to make sure they take their breaks in accordance with the rules.

If there are exceptional circumstances you can protect yourself with a printout, but that can’t be used as an excuse for not planning and it can’t be used regularly.

Your TM will analyse your card downloads and if you aren’t planning your breaks properly you can be expect to be invited into the office for the first of what could potentially be a series of increasingly formal conversations.

One of the most fundamental ingredients in all of these conversations will be that: drivers who aren’t legally compliant are putting the company’s O-licence at risk. Nothing is more important to a haulage company than it’s O-licence, and as one of my drivers was told very recently, if you can’t get it right then we aren’t going to risk the jobs of 10 other drivers for your sake.

I did take my break in accordance with the law so didn’t get any infringement however I guess the point is 15 mins during day and 30 at end isn’t good and was unavoidable

You say don’t blame the messenger but say drivers don’t use their common sense mmmmmmm

I’m in a lucky position to dismiss firms that don’t help drivers with their obligations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk