New Culina/Stobarts wages

Andrejs:

Conor:

Andrejs:
I work for Stobart now from agency for trampers.My money around 750 after tax inc holiday money,night out money.

You shouldn’t be including holiday pay and definitely shouldn’t be including night out money when comparing wages. Bad employers do that to make their wages look better.

If all shift long that about 800.I work about 55-60 hours,plenty short shift.

That’s £700 take home removing the night out money and you can knock another £70 off to account for holiday pay so it’s equivalent to ~ £630 take home pay not including holiday pay and night out money. That’s about the same as £43000 a year which works out around £14/hr.

What wrong if they or any another agency pay holiday money every week.It is good if leave agency than don t need lost holiday money.

Feels strange talking to yourself , but here goes , because a lot of drivers did / would not have holidays as they counted it ( / needed it ( weekly paid holiday pay ) so didn’t put any away for the weeks they were off
I spoke to one who according to him hadn’t had a holiday in 3 yrs , 3 yrs , that way of paying holiday pay encourages that
You also say that basically a employed stobart driver is earning the same as you + holiday pay , what does that tell you , it tells me they ( lp , stobarts agency ) could afford to pay it , but they don’t as it benefits them to not have drivers taking hols
I always put £100 away a week to cover hols even though I had plenty of money , but you can imagine a lot of younger ones , mortgage , kids wouldn’t , that’s wrong , everyone should have 20 days + a year surely , and paid to do so
Anyway I’m going for a sit down , I’ve not had this funny feeling since uk tramp !!