Trucking C.V

Hi, I was in a similar situation to you. I have run my own landscaping and garden maintenance business for over 20 years and I have just started working as a 7.5t driver to get experience before taking my CE test.

The landscaping was wearing my body out to much and I wanted something slightly less physically demanding.
I applied for a few jobs with reputable companies like John Lewis as they would give me support while learning the ropes and weren’t going to push me to bend the rules.
On my CV I emphasized the fact that I drove the company’s van, that I was used to physical work and my customer service skills are excellent.

These days with people purchasing on line, the delivery driver is the face of the company, so being presentable, personable and professional is important. In regards to references I used some long standing customers of mine.

I am lucky in that driving has always been a major part of any job I have done but I haven’t driven anything bigger than 3.5t for over thirty years. I didn’t expect to get a job easily but I was offered a job in a couple of days and John Lewis I got through the interview and they asked me to come in for a assessment drive but I had already accepted another job so turned them down.

So in the current job market it is possible to get a job with limited experience. Good luck on your journey